Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cooking Class Gets Interesting!

Kia Ora! As of last Friday, this journey to New Zealand has reached its one-month mark! It has gone so fast! Nothing is new here yet. Just going to school and doing homework. We have been doing some pretty interesting things in cooking class though. The cooking class (14 of us) have decided to put on a special occasion dinner for whoever we wanted to invite. I happened to invite Mr. Mark Collins who is my NZ History teacher. This dinner is set up to have the Year 12 cooking class in the spot light and to show what we can do. It will be a 5 course meal which will have us very busy. We do everything for it and when I say everything, I mean everything. We start out with the small things and then move on all the way down the track as if you are running a restaurant. Some of the things we have to figure out are the budget, how to set up, who's setting up, who's waiting on the guests, who's setting up the guest list, who's in charge of the invitations, who's in charge of the menus, who's running the kitchen, and who's cooking each part of the meal. The list goes on! So you are probably asking, "Josh, what is your job?" My job happens to be 1 out of the 2 Executive Chefs. Myself, and my mate Becca will be running the dinner for the night. It is a very important role because we must memorize the recipes for everything! It should be fun! The dinner is going to be on Sept. 5th 2008. I will keep you updated on how its going! Overall, not a lot to share at this time so I will just post some photos. AND yes, I promise to get a picture with my host parents. I have had many people ask about them. (My host parents are great!) Stay in touch, enjoy, and I'll make sure to post next week!

















A view from my mate Giorma's House Then a closer view of the same picture

No comments: