Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Whitianga Scallop Festival!

Hello everyone! This coming weekend is going to be interesting for me hopefully. My Year 12 Cooking class has a tent every year at the local Scallop festival. We choose to donate our time and work to provide money in our class budget. I am hoping this is a great experience for me and I will get to try my fare share of scallops as well. The weather here has been great for the past week or so. The sun is very warm here compared to back home eventhough it can be sooo nice and sunny and then start pouring in a few minutes. New Zealand is one of the few places where you can experience 4 seasons in 1 day.
This past week, my host mum and I went into Hamilton, which is one of the major cities close to us in the north island. While she was at the dentist, I shopped around in the mall and bought a few things. I also had my FIRST fast food in 2 months there. I did however make a deal with my host dad that I would not eat McDonalds for 6 months and so far I have achieved it! I had KFC this week and it tasted good! Because I have not had fast food in awhile, it was not AS amazing as I thought it was going to be. I eat very healthy here with normally 4-5 peices of fruit a day and some kind of vegetable for dinner. I also drink LOADS of water because fizzy drinks (soda) are very dare (expensive) here!
Well thats all I got for you this week but I should have some good information next week after the festival is done! I am sorry that my posts have been late! It has been crazy with the death of a friend back home, the scallop festival this week, and trying to find some ME time to hang with friends and chill. Remember, if you have any specific questions, feel free to email me or give my mum your question and she will ask me to put the answer on the next blog. Take care and I will talk again with you soon! Chao!

No comments: