Monday, August 4, 2008

~Something New~

Gidday Mates! Well I do have more exciting news for you this week. We actually did not have school last Wednesday when I made the last weeks post. The roads were so flooded from the storms that the buses just could not get through. So what did I do with no school? Me and three of my mates went to the ocean and went running and swimming in the huge waves. The waves were so mean (awesome) that they would knock you right back to where you started in a matter of seconds. Even though the water was only about 4 degrees Celsius (39F) it was still so much fun. You cannot swim in the ocean water that long this time of year or you can get sick really fast or get hypothermia to parts of your body. Overall, I had great fun that day because it was my second time EVER going to the ocean. The people here cannot believe it was only my second time but then I show them where I live and they understand it a little better (haha).
School is getting better everyday. I meet new people and experience new things constantly. My cooking class really keeps me interested. On Tuesday 5th August (that’s how they write the date here), we got to cook Spring Rolls which I have never had before. They consist of rice paper, your favorite veggies, and your choice of ground beef, chicken, or pork inside. They you deep fry them for 20 seconds and they will be golden brown and so good to eat.
The weather has decided to straighten up here finally which is really nice. It has been about 15C lately which is about (59F) and sunny but with the wind here it makes it feel very cool. However, it may also be nice and sunny and then pouring rain at any second. Compared to this cool rainy weather I have had, I heard Wisconsin has been having quite a bloody drought. I don’t think I would care for that much either (haha). Overall, I cant complain because it is very nice here and I am enjoying every minute of it.
Well I hope everything is going good for everyone and I will type again when I get a chance. I am starting to get busier all the time so I might skip a post next week but I will post as soon as I can. Here are some pictures of me and some mates. Thanks for reading! Keep checking back!
p.s The pictures are of some of my best mates here at Mercury Bay High School




Jessica and I

Ethan, Amy, and I

Giorma, Norman, and Myself

2 comments:

Kalynn Dewitz said...

Hey Josh! I look forward to having some of your new meals. It all sounds delicious. I had no doubt you would make a lot of friends while in NZ. It's so nice to hear that you are having a lot of new experiences. Stay healthy and safe. I look forward to reading the next entry.

Naomi Bodway said...

Hi Josh! No fair skipping an update! We looking forward to the next chapter in your adventures! You are making your Mom a little nervous, but keep trying those new things! lol Football practice starts today so school is just around the corner. I hear you talked to Greta and Caitlin, so that's pretty fun. It still amazes me how all of this technology works and we can communicate so easily across the world! Greet your mates from us! Maybe they can come visit sometime!

Take care, and do keep in touch!

Naomi