Thursday, October 2, 2008

Living a dream!

Gidday mates! Sorry my post is late this week! I totally forgot about it! Anyhow, what has Josh been doing this past week? One of the projects I have been working on is helping my host dad dig post holes in the back paddock (field). The purpose was so that we could separate the 5 cows and 2 calves we have. I have also been helping my host mum in the café with a few things. I find it funny sometimes helping her with stuff because it always has to deal with electronics (haha). I help her with her laptop at least 2 times a day and for some reason, the printer never wants to cooperate. She really loves having me around to fix the stuff that she would just put away and give up on. As she always tells me, “I would just get frustrated and put it away because I don’t have the patience for it!” I have also been trying to just enjoy my time off and hang out with mates. When I go into my town (Hahei), I normally help my host mum for a few hours and then I make my way down towards the beach around noon. I am normally there laying on the beach for a few hours and then head back up to the café to help her clean up and head home around 4pm. We live about 10 minutes from the café so it’s not a long drive. Lastly, last night was my first night on the beach with a bonfire. It was nice being able to see all my mates from school there. I still find it funny being able to see the beach everyday if I want because it is so close. Back home the nearest ocean would be about a 2 ½ hour flight if I am correct?

Now for the big news! Me and a few mates that planned to go skydiving, cancelled the idea for the holidays. We are going to plan for later in the year because-
(1) It is going to be much warmer
(2) School will be out
(3) Transportation is easier for host parents and bus services run more frequently

I also am having a friend (that I met at the exchange camp) come stay with me in November for a weekend. We might possibly do the sky diving that weekend. Her name is Nina by the way. She is from Austria. (Yes it is a girl, surprise right?? haha). I believe her and I are also going to do the helicopter ride in Whitianga (the town where I go to school). I have always wanted to ride in a helicopter so it should be fun! Nina and I also chatted at the AFS exchange camp and it turns out that we both wanted to go to Christchurch in the south island, but we didn’t want to go alone so we decided to go there together. That should also be heaps of fun! AFS does a billeting system which is where they find a AFS coordinator or family who is willing to accept you for however many days you want to stay in an area. That is really helpful for us students!

Alright, so I just looked at what I have written and I see I have written quite a bit so I don’t want to keep blabbing. Anyhow, I have been receiving a few emails from people back home so it is nice keeping in touch! Again, if anyone has any questions don’t be afraid to email me. (hound_dog588@hotmail.com). Hope all is well! Thanks for reading!

No comments: