Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Over half way done!

Oi! I hope everyone is doing well. I apologize again for no blog last week! I was kind of busy and out of the house most of the time. Anyhow, last week was a weird week for me considering my mates and I had to get used to going to school again (haha). I did however enjoy last week a lot because we had to rush through one of our cooking units, which was "hot finger food" so that meant we got to cook everyday of the week except Friday. Then this past weekend I helped my host mum in her cafe for 3 days because on Monday of this week, we did not have school because it is the national Labour holiday. We were so busy in the cafe it wasn't even funny! It was nice to get busy and have something to do that keeps you on your toes. Besides school, there hasn’t been a lot new with me. I am however quite saddened because I know that my time left here in New Zealand is quite short so I am trying to get out and experience everything I can before coming home to the USA. My Austrian friend Nina and I leave to go to the South Island and visit Christchurch on the 17th of November so we are quite excited for that. We also have a trip booked to take a 9 hour train ride from Hamilton, which is located towards the top of the north island, and travel all the way down to Wellington which is at the bottom of the north island. It should be really fun because we should get to see much of what New Zealand has to offer. We will be taking that trip on the 10th of December and staying there for a week. Overall, nothing new is coming up that I know of but then again, things are always coming up for me to do, I am normally just unaware (haha).
At the bottom, I have attached a few pictures! Enjoy! Thanks for reading!







My new meals which I eat all the time and have adapted to love!


(includes corn silverside, califlower, broccoli, cooked cabbage, mashed spuds, and green beens)


Something tells me I am eatting better than my mates back in Osseo? haha.













My steak my mum gave me to cook
in cooking class (I ate it all, not a problem)


























Me and my mum outside her cafe. (Luna Cafe)



















Picture of me above Hahei beach

No comments: