Saturday, November 8, 2008

Heli Ride!

Gidday! I am again SORRY that I forgot to post this past week. Because school is coming to an end this Thursday, I will be posting a blog once every week or whenever I do something. I go to Christchurch next Monday (17th) so that is what I am looking forward to next!

Ok so, this weekend, my mate Nina (Austrian exchange student) came to stay at my house for the weekend. We went to Shakespeare Cliff which is a few kilometres down the road from my house. The history to that cliff was made by Captain Cook. Captain cook landed on "Cooks Beach" and saw the cliff next to it and thought it looked like Shakespeare nose, so he named it Shakespeare Cliff. I have a picture attached on the bottom of the view from the cliff. It’s amazing!

After going to Shakespeare’s Cliff, we walked to the ferry landing which was another kilometre or so. We got on the ferry and went across and had lunch at a Fish N' Chips place. We then started our walk to the Whitianga Airport which was a very long distance (maybe 3km or more?) When we got to the airport, we hung around for a hour or so and then boarded the helicopter. It was just us two so we got a private ride. The pilot, Karen, showed us lots of the islands and things around Whitianga. It was really a great ride. We were only in the air for about 15 minutes but then again, it costs a fortune to get a helicopter off the ground. After that, we got a ride back into town and went to the beach for a bit but however, it started to rain so we walked back to our bus stop. The rain stopped and we eventually walked back down to the beach for a bit and then went back to catch our bus from Whitianga back around to Hahei.

After getting back to Hahei, we went down to Hahei beach and walked along that and through the marine reserve. That was another good 1km walk. After that, we went back to the Cafe which my mum Pat owns and we had dinner there. We ate fast because it was close to 7p.m and we wanted to go to Cathedral Cove yet which is only a 1 hour walk from the Cafe. However, in NZ, when the sun starts to go down, you have about 5-10 minutes before its BLACK! The sun crashes down. We made it the cove and then started walking back to the cafe. It was pitch black and we only got lost 1 time by taking the wrong trail but soon got back on the right one :). We then headed back to the cafe and my mum picked us up there. That was my excitement for the weekend!!!

Hope you enjoyed the blog post this week! I will be writing one again after I return from Christchurch which will probably be the 20th of November. I believe that is a Thursday? Thanks!
Me in the heli



Nina and I with the heli
Cliff view-

No comments: