Tuesday, July 22, 2008

School!

Hello everyone! I have decided that I will TRY and post something new every week on Wed. It will be Wed for me so Tuesday for you so check it either late Tuesday night or early Wed morning. School started for me on Monday. It was probably one of the worst things I have ever had to do in my life. I knew NOBODY, and when I walked up to the school, 100 faces stared right at me, which made me slightly uncomfortable. I did however make it through school that day and I left with 8-10 friends and for lunch, I was invited to a friends house. Describing the school is very difficult. Back home, there is one large building with everything inside. Here, your classes are in a square but you have to walk outside to get to them. It has rained every day except for Tuesday so my books often get wet. The rooms for classes are very small as well. Our cooking facility at school back home is probably 3X the size of the one here. Then again, I dont have a class with more than 11 people.
My headmaster, Mr. John Wright, is very nice. He is great at what he does. He has talked to me several times this week and I am only on day 3. He says it is important to get to know every student well.

The classes I am taking are, Math 12, NZ History, Music, Cooking and Catering, English 12, and Spanish 3. The spanish will be done online because they only offer Maori, and French (I believe). The cooking class is very fun. However, the room is small but we have soooooo much fun! I also enjoy the music class, eventhough there is only 10 of us or so. I think everyone plays an instrument except for me, so I guess I have to sing (haha).

Overall, I think it is great here so far except for the weather. That will get better. I think I have fully adjusted to the whole "driving on the other side of the car and road." At the bottom, I have thrown in a few pictures of a bunch of us at the orientation in NZ. It was held just south of Auckland. Thanks and stop back next week for another post! Hopefully I won't forget! See yaaa!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Josh, sounds like quite an adjustment, but you are adaptable. You can do well. I knew you would make friends easily. It's not all girls is it? So what is the temperature over there? It's been muggy here. The club will survive while you are away, but there will be things for you to catch up on when you get back. Have a great time, talk soon. Linda